T20 World Cup | Rohit Applauds Bumrah as "Genius" After India's Thrilling Win against Pakistan

Rohit Sharma Commends Jasprit Bumrah's Stellar Performance in India's Victory over Pakistan

T20 World Cup | Rohit Applauds Bumrah as "Genius" After India's Thrilling Win against Pakistan

In a critical T20 World Cup clash against arch-rivals Pakistan, the Indian bowlers successfully defended a modest target of 120. India's captain, Rohit Sharma, showered praise on pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah, who was awarded the Man of the Match for his outstanding performance.

"Midway through the game, while they were batting, we gathered everyone and stressed that what could happen to us could also happen to them. Every small contribution can create a significant impact. Bumrah is consistently improving. We are all aware of his abilities. I won't dwell too much on him; I want him to maintain that mindset throughout the World Cup. He's a genius, and we all recognize that," Rohit stated during the post-match presentation.

Despite being bowled out for a below-par 119, India's bowlers displayed dominance, restricting Pakistan to 113/7 and clinching a narrow 6-run victory.

Acknowledging the team's subpar batting performance, Rohit confessed, "We didn't bat well enough. Despite being in a good position halfway through our innings, we failed to establish significant partnerships and fell short with the bat. We stressed the importance of every run on a pitch like this. The pitch offered enough assistance, and with a bowling lineup like ours, we felt confident in defending the total."

Rohit also commended the enthusiastic crowd that rallied behind the Indian team, remarking, "The crowd was fantastic as always. They never disappoint, regardless of where we play. I'm sure they'll leave with smiles on their faces. This is just the beginning; we have a long journey ahead."

On the other hand, Pakistan's captain, Babar Azam, attributed his team's loss to losing wickets in quick succession. "We bowled well, but our batting suffered from losing wickets in succession and facing too many dot balls. Our strategy was to capitalize on the first six overs in batting, but losing early wickets hampered our progress. We need to win the last two matches, so we'll assess our mistakes and focus on improvement," Babar concluded.

What's Your Reaction?

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow